The Word

The Word

Lila Kate

Lila Kate
one week old

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fun Family Times Busy times- 8Days til Christmas



CHRISTMAS Parade was SO COLD!!!! But Family Times are those that we treasure!

 
 
 
Email I received this morning with great Encouraging words for us to remember this season:
This week I am continuing to share ways to stay positive and on fire amidst the challenges out there. One of the things I read early in the morning comes from gifted writer Max Lucado.

I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is thee product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters.
I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.
I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each minute as though it is my last.  
 
Today I will make a difference.I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. 
I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble... . I will get up. It's OK to fail... . I will rise again. - Max Lucado
 
Another tool I often reference is of a card a businessman carries:
 
The way to happiness is to keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self, think of others. Do as you would be done to.   
 
As you go through a day, a mean or negative comment can often deflate your positive attitude. You try your best and no matter what you can't seem to please that certain boss.
 
Here is something to take with you that Bill Cosby told me years ago. I was in Chicago to interview him on the set of the show "Kids Say the Darndest Things." I found him to be very nice and filled with wisdom. He said, "Charlie, I don't know the secret of success, but I know the way to failure is trying to please everybody."
 


No comments: