The Word

The Word

Lila Kate

Lila Kate
one week old

Monday, October 7, 2013

Day7 Me, Me, Me #31days October

Monday - all about Me 
 
Anna is Name of my Mothers First Born and is name sake for her sister Dianna. Although I am Thirty Years wise and still very young I have lived life. Raised in Church my whole life I was taught to treat others right, life isnt fair and we are all sinners. This is a concept I have come to know very well and respect. Life isnt my story to write its mine to life as God has planned. Growing up as the oldest of 3, I loved taking care of my siblings and helping my parents. The song "If I die young" by the Band Perry reminds us that we all want folks to have nice things to say about us when we die and to be remembered by our works, attitude, smile and spirit. I also want God to say well done, it has always been my intention to praise people when they should be praised and encourage those that need to do better because we all mess up.
 
I am Young yes but dreamed of kids in my house for years, remembering that it is not our will but Gods is very difficult to wrap my head around. So when Jody and I married (5years after dating) we wanted to settle in our careers and travel. We have done this and continue to do so that my mom and best friend Courtney say we Go To Much.... I am one that likes a full plate- mostly to keep my mind off of negatives that filter in my mind. It is easy to say what we dont have and what we want but to focus on the blessing of life and what we do have is so much more impactful.
 

Devotion today: God- Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. Turst Me and dont be fearful; thank Me and rest in my sovereignty.

 

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's might hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5: 6-7

No comments: