The Word

The Word

Lila Kate

Lila Kate
one week old

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

catching up with LILA KATE & her Little Beautiful Life

Today she is 3 months Old....

 

Oh Gosh I don't know how to put into words what she means to Jody and I. She is simply AMAZING. I knew a long time ago I wanted to carry my own child, to be a mother if the Lord would grant me the desires of my heart. I tell you Infertility is so challenging both, spiritually, physically, mentally and financially. The week before Mothers Day is National Infertility Week and thousands of women that have suffered from this and are still struggling come together and support each other. Just incase you ever have questions about my journey please don't hesitate to ask, or I can just listen to your story.


Everyone has a story right... I think I have heard 20 stories about someone else's struggles and birth stories and that's ok I don't mind just listening.

Our struggle is over and we have a beautiful Baby GIRL. She arrived Feb 11 2016. I had to have a section since she was breech/breach (I mean I have seen it spelled everyway possible). Anyway we picked the day she would be born, Yes we chose 2-11 this was Jodys Mamaws Bday (Hazel Thornton) and the day before my Papaws bday (Benny Smith). She was born just after Noon and it was a beautiful day, we got to hospital around 9 and the prepped me and was in the Delivery Room before they could even get me registered.

The Section went smooth and once Dr Desantis got that little body out from under my ribs; he showed The Newest most Proud Dad in the world and told him to tell me what we HAD! Jody smiled with a tear "its a beautiful Girl" He knew immediately he would be at her every whimper and call. Lila Kate we called her, beautiful head full of hair, and a set of lungs! She was 6lbs 5oz and today she is near 11lbs I would guess. We are all sleeping through the night, having dinner near 730 and LK in bed near 830pm. She is so sweet, snuggly, giggly, and genuinely happy. She is starting to try and roll. She has great control of her head and downs a 4oz bottle like she has never eaten before. Please keep her in your prayers as we did have an abnormal hip ultrasound hopefully its nothing but will have it scanned again in June and then her 4month shots as well.



No comments: